Parents and Students,
The completion of a Community Service Project is a graduation requirement for all students. If students plan early and follow through with their responsibilities it will enhance their opportunities for a successful and meaningful project. Attached, please find a copy of the Miami-Dade County Public School’s Community Service information. Please read carefully and follow the directions for completion.
We encourage you to:
- Assist your son/daughter to complete their community service project as early as possible or by the first semester in his/her senior year.
- Assist your son/daughter in selecting a location from within his/her community that has bee pre-approved by the counselor or a non-for-profit organization.
- Remind your son/daughter to get their employer/mentor’s signature and/or a statement letter acknowledging their service.
- It is due by the end of the first semester (before the winter break) of the student's senior year.
- Check your son/daughter’s student history/course credit analysis form for completion of all graduation requirements.
- Make at least 2 copies of this information for your records.
Please be advised that no senior will participate in graduation activities without a hundred percent completion of all graduation requirements.